The middle-school years are some of the most vital in a child’s life – a time when decisions are made that impact the life of a student in pivotal ways. During these years children choose their own friends, develop attitudes about school, and start thinking about what they will stand for, and what they will stand against.
An extension of Summer Day Camp, the LEADERS program gives students ages 11-14 the opportunity to more deeply explore potential career and college options. In addition to the more traditional summer day camp activities, students will:
- Shadow professionals in the workplace
- Visit Indiana colleges and universities, sitting in on lectures where possible
- Hear from current college students and alumni
- Take part in service activities
- Eligible students will complete the 21st Century Scholar application
- Older students will work with staff and volunteers to start mapping out their high school plans
If you have questions about the LEADERS program of Summer Day Camp, please call 317.639.6106.