The Winter Assistance Fund (WAF) Program is an energy assistance program funded through United Way of Central Indiana. It provides help to working families and families who earned too much income to be eligible for the Energy Assistance Program (EAP).
Enrollment in WAF will only be done VIRTUALLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Appointments can be scheduled beginning in February 2021 by calling our Welcome Desk at 317.639.6106. Please allow up to one hour for your appointment.
Please note, assistance is not guaranteed and your application may be denied.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be a Marion County resident (household and billing address in Marion County)
- A payment must have been made on your IPL and/or Citizen’s bill within the last 90 days
- Bills must be past due or due within seven (7) days
- Eligibility is based on meeting income guidelines before taxes.
What is Needed?
- Government issues Identification Card/Driver’s License
- Current utility bill(s)
- Verification of income for everyone in the household that is over the age of 18 for the past 90 days
Clients that do NOT have a social security number ARE eligible for WAF assistance if they meet all other requirements.