General FAQ

How do I apply for Disability from the Social Security Administration?

We are not certified to process your application but you can learn how to apply here and get more information here.

Can you help me with my taxes?

We do not offer tax services but we recommend you check the list of VITA locations for free tax assistance.

Do you have gas cards or bus passes?

Yes, but they are not always available. They are also limited to those enrolled in our programs. Make sure to contact your employment or financial coach to check availability. Call 211 for assistance.

How do I apply for health insurance?

To apply for Hoosier Healthwise or Healthy Indiana plans, please click here.
You can also apply over the phone by calling 1-800-403-0864.

To apply for Medicare and Medicaid, please visit your FSSA benefits portal or click here.

Can you help me get to a Doctor’s appointment?

If you need assistance with transportation to and from your doctor appointments, please click here.

I need legal advice.

Our agency partner, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic, offers free legal information and advice on a variety of issues. You can contact them on their website here.

When is your food pantry?

Our food pantry is every Wednesday, 12:30p while supplies last. For more information about food resources near you, please call 2-1-1. You can also download the Community Compass app on your smartphone or text “hi” to 317-434-3758.

Employment Enrichment FAQ

What training classes do you offer?

There are many to choose from, but our main ones are in the fields of healthcare, logistics, technology, and construction. For more information about the training courses, click here

How do I register for vocational training classes?

We offer a virtual orientation on the first Tuesday of every month. If you would like to be notified of upcoming orientations, please provide your contact information here.

How long does your program take?

Each program has different timelines, but we do out best to accommodate your schedule. Contact your employment coach here for help.

How much does your program cost?

Programs cost vary and there may be scholarships available. An employment coach can help you figure out the best option that fit your needs.

Can you help me find employment?

We have job leads here. We can also help you update your resume and prepare you for interviews as well.

Youth Enrichment Services FAQ

What services are provided for the Youth Enrichment Services?

We offer a Before & After School Program as well as a Summer Day Camp program.

How do I enroll my child(ren) in the Before-After-School program?

You can enroll your child(ren) in the Youth Enrichment Services by completing a registration packet and returning it to a youth staff member.

Do you accept CCDF?


What are the Before and After-School hours of operation?

Before School hours are 8:30am-9am Monday – Friday.

After School hours are 2:30-5:45pm Monday – Friday.

How much does it cost to enroll my child(ren) into the program?

A sliding scale fee is available.

I don’t need Before and After School every day. Is that okay?

We encourage youth to participate in the program every day and want to make it as safe and fun for youth to receive the complete benefits but understand every person’s situation is different.

Do you provide transportation?

Transportation is only available to and from school for students attending Schools 46 & 49. All other transportation needs must be arranged by the child’s (children’s) parent or guardian.

If my child misses a day, do I still have to pay for the full week?

Yes, however we understand emergencies can happen and special arrangements may be available.

What is the age for the before and after school program?

We serve students ages 5-14.

What is the age for Summer Day Camp?

Summer Day Camp is for children 5-14 however, if your child is turning five by July 1 and enrolled in Kindergarten in the upcoming fall they are eligible to enroll.

Do you provide childcare services during school breaks?

Yes, however we do not provide childcare during Christmas break.

You can find more information on our youth programs here.

Family and Financial Resources FAQ

Do you offer financial assistance for mortgage or rent?

Financial assistance is limited by service area and availability, unless you are enrolled and actively participating in our programs. If you are enrolled and actively participating, please contact your coach.

Can you help me pay my utility bills?

The Energy Assistance program accepts applications and runs from Nov – May. You can learn more here.

Clients enrolled and actively participating in our programs may also be eligible for additional assistance if funds are available.