Why create a Legacy of Hope at Mary Rigg?
By creating your Legacy of Hope with Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center, you are ensuring that your dedication, passion, and philanthropic philosophy will continue to assist those in Indianapolis.
What is Considered a Legacy Gift?
Legacy Gifts are special gifts made with the sole purpose to allow those who have supported Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center currently and over the years, will continue to impact lives in Indianapolis for far longer. These types of gifts are typically categorized in four general groups; gifts that give now, gifts that give later, gifts that provide income to the donor, and gifts that give forever.
A Planned Gift Now
- Charitable Lead Trust (CLT)
A Planned Gift Later
- Wills and Bequests – Of all planned giving, this is the simplest. All you have to do is name Mary Rigg in your will. This allows you to plan for your family as you wish and designate a percentage or fixed amount to the organization. There may also be an estate tax deduction for the full amount of the bequest. You can add Mary Rigg to your will by using this suggested bequest language:
“I give Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center, Inc, Indianapolis, IN, tax ID #35-0868954 (____ percent of the residue of my estate) or (the sum of $______).”
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
A Planned Gift that Gives Back to the Donor
- Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) –
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust (CRUT)
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts (CRAT)
A Planned Gift that Gives Forever
- Permanent Endowment Gift
How will I/We be recognized for Creating my/our Legacy of Hope?
Once we receive your written commitment to support Mary Rigg through a planned gift, you will contacted to set up a visit or phone call with the president of Mary Rigg to discuss how to best recognize your gift. Some options may include:
- A Welcome Letter from Mary Rigg’s President, Clark Lienemann
- A Frameable Certificate of Gratitude
- A Legacy of Hope Token of Appreciation
Whichever way you choose to create your Legacy of Hope, rest assured that your personal, financial, and estate planning goals will be fulfilled. Your Legacy of Hope commitment will show your lifetime commitment to the families and individuals served at Mary Rigg.
The Fine Print
The information is not offered as legal or tax advice. Mary Rigg is not engaged in legal or tax advisory services. For advice or assistance in specific cases or to make certain contemplated gifts that fit well into your overall planning, the services of an attorney or other trusted professional financial planner should be obtained.
We offer only general gift, estate, and financial planning information. Watch for federal tax revisions (IRS Publication 526 – Charitable Contributions), state laws governing wills and charitable gifts before entering your contractual agreement.
For more information about creating your Legacy of Hope, please contact the Mary Rigg Fund Development office at 463-900-4731 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.